Speech & Debate Club
Sign up for announcements & reminders: Text @speechd to 81010
We meet every Tuesday from 3:20 - 3:50 in room 925.
For information, please see Ms. Curd, Mrs. LaPointe, or Mr. Taylor
What is it?
In Speech & Debate Club we learn, practice, refine, and perform in various events. Some examples are:
What do you do?
- We meet at least once a week to work on pieces for competition in the various events.
- Competition is generally 1 - 2 Saturdays a month, for most of the day.
- The schedule will be posted as soon as we know it.
- Locations for competitions vary, but are generally 30 minutes to 1 hour away.
- Transportation is provided by the sponsors and/or parents*.
- Costs for competitions include entry fees (usually around $10 per event) and lunch (usually around $10 per event, depending on the individual). If assistance is needed in this area, please inquire for a confidential assessment.
*Parents are encouraged to participate through transporting and judging. Very short judging workshops are offered to people interested in judging.